Unfortunately we are now closed until 3rd December 2020.
Great conversation, good food and a friendly warm atmosphere is what you’ll find in our pub, the Bacon Arms is a great place, offering so much for all of our guest to enjoy. You can stay in one of our lovely rooms, have a drink at our bar or have a meal with your family or friends. Our inn is located in Newbury close to Highclere Castle, Donnington Castle or the famous Corn Exchange Theatre, offering a great base for anyone looking to explore the surrounding area.
Our pub menu offers your favourite traditional pub grub, so much so you’ll be spoilt for choice; try one of our curries for something a bit spicy or our hand-battered fish and chips for a proper pub dinner. We also have sandwiches if you’re looking for something a bit lighter, and if you fancy a snack over a few pints with your mates, choose from our grazing dishes.
At the Bacon Arms in Newbury we serve proper pints of cask ale, refreshing wine, spirits and not to mention a whole host of soft drinks. So pop down with friends or family to catch up over a refreshing drink or two.
Our Pub Facilities
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our Food
When it comes to tasty food for all to enjoy we've got you covered!
We offer seasonal menus with vibrant, refreshing summer salads to enjoy on hot summer’s days, or comforting, warm dishes to keep out the cold weather.
Regular favourites such as burgers, steaks and fish and chips are available all year round. For the kids, our ‘Little Monsters’ menu has plenty on offer to tempt even the fussiest of young eaters.
If you enjoy a roast at the weekend, check out our Sunday lunch menu with a choice of meats with roast potatoes and all the trimmings. For those who like their food a bit spicy, our regular curry nights every week are a must.View our Menus
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.